Submitted by: The Two Sides Team February 13, 2019
Article taken from the latest issue of The Page
The Two Sides campaign is now 10 years old. Created by Martyn Eustace, the campaign to promote the sustainability of print and paper has gone from a small UK campaign group to a huge international organisation with offices in 13 countries across five continents.
During those ten years, Two Sides has led the way in promoting the environmental value of print and paper, producing a wide range of print and digital resources for its members, giving the the information and materials to dispel the many myths surrounding the use of paper in communications and packaging, helping their businesses to thrive.
Other achievements include:
• Two Sides membership going from a handful of print businesses to over 200 companies spanning the full range of print services.
• The Power of Print Seminar becoming an established must attend event in the print industry calendar, with over 200 people attending annually.
• The Love Paper campaign appearing in over 50 different magazine titles, reaching over 30 million people per year.
• A series of research studies examining people’s attitude towards print and its use within communications and media.
• A global campaign to stop greenwashing – the use of misleading messages to encourage customers to switch from paper to digital bills and statements. So far, this has resulted in 353 international companies changing their anti-print messaging.
• Two Sides Chairman Martyn Eustace being awarded The Paper Industry Gold Medal for his longstanding contribution to the paper industry.
Here’s to the next ten years!
Read more like this: