Just a quick scroll through our email inboxes and it won't take long before we come across a statement like; 'Think before you print' and 'Please consider the environment – do you really need to print this email?'.
But these messages are unsubstantiated, misleading and can have a lasting effect on consumer perceptions of print and paper. The print and paper industry is a world leader when it comes to sustainably-managed materials, renewable energy and recycling.
Some key facts about print and paper's sustainability:
- Between 2005 and 2015, European forests grew by an area the size of Switzerland – that's 1,500 football pitches every day!
- Europe recycles 72% of its paper
- 84% of the industry’s raw materials come from Europe
- Between 2005 and 2013, the CO2 emissions of the European pulp and paper industry were reduced by 22%
- 56% of the industry’s total primary annual energy consumption is biomass-based
We have published a fact sheet to help encourage people and businesses to use alternative email sign offs. Please download it to ensure that your email signatures are fair, factual and honest.
If you would like any further information, help or support, please feel free to drop Tandy a line: [email protected]
Download the Fact Sheet:
For more information about the sustainability of Print and Paper, download the Myths and Facts booklet