Submitted by: The Two Sides Team May 6, 2016
Two Sides release version 9 of the hugely popular Myths and Facts booklet. With a complete revision of figures and facts used, as well as a redesigned front cover, the Myths and Facts booklet is the best tool to promote the great environmental story of the print and paper industry.
The Myths and Facts booklet is one of the key resources of the Two Sides campaign. The 24pp A5 booklet addresses popular Myths about print and paper and dispels those Myths with verifiable Facts.
The Myths covered are:
- European forests are shrinking
- Planted forests are bad for the environment
- Paper is bad for the environment
- Paper production is a major cause of global greenhouse gas emissions
- Only recycled paper should be used
- Print and Paper is a wasteful product
- Electronic communication is more environmentally friendly than paper-based communication
- Digital is always the preferred means of communication
- Packaging is wasteful and unnecessary
The misconceptions about print and paper are still a major issue for the industry. All too often, we see messages from organisations such as; “Go Green – Go Paperless” and “Do your bit for the environment and choose e-billing”
These messages are unsubstantiated, misleading and can have a lasting effect on consumer perceptions of print and paper. The print and paper industry is a world leader when it comes to sustainably-managed materials, renewable energy and recycling.
Some of the key facts about paper's sustainability highlighted are:
- Between 2005 and 2015, European forests grew by an area the size of Switzerland – that's 1,500 football pitches every day!
- Europe recycles 72% of its paper
- 84% of the industry’s raw materials come from Europe
- Between 2005 and 2013, the CO2 emissions of the European pulp and paper industry were reduced by 22%
- 56% of the industry’s total primary annual energy consumption is biomass-based
We encourage you all to share the Myths and Facts booklet amongst your staff and customers. You are free to add the PDF to your company's website and help dispel these myths.
Members of Two Sides can also personalise the booklet's covers, creating a powerful tool to help promote the industry, as well as your own business – Find out more