Certified Paper Packaging and the Circular Economy – for Brand Owners and Retailers. An event ran by the PEFC (Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification).
Taking place on the 8th July 2021. If you would like to join our free webinar, RSVP to email@example.com
We are facing a climate emergency and urgent action is required if we are to reduce our individual and collective environmental impact. In 2019, more than 2 million tonnes of plastic packaging were placed on the UK market. This is an alarming figure as plastic packaging accounts for 70% of all UK plastic waste (WRAP Website – Plastic Packaging 2021). Small wonder then, that innovative certified paper-based packaging solutions are rapidly being developed to address the need for more environmentally-friendly alternatives.
Sustainable consumption is on the rise. A 2019 Nielsen study found that 73% of global consumers would change their consumption habits in order to reduce their environment impact. A 2020 Two Sides Survey on European Packaging Preferences found that paper-based packaging is favoured by consumers as being better for the environment and considered easier to recycle and home compost. So, it has never been more important to use responsibly-sourced packaging materials and demonstrate this to your customers. Increasing the use of sustainable, certified, forest-based packaging has huge potential to not only help companies meet sustainability targets, but also have a positive impact on the world’s forests and the communities that depend upon them.
What you will learn from this webinar:
• How different elements of the supply chain collaborate to drive the circular economy
• The role of certified paper packaging in a low carbon, circular economy
• The materials and formats available to help eliminate unnecessary plastic
• How to integrate eco-design into your packaging portfolio
• How using paper-based packaging can help reduce your carbon emissions
• How to prepare for forthcoming UK plastic legislation/taxation
• The latest developments in Waste Management
• How to ensure your packaging is ‘recycle ready’
Two Sides creates a forum for the print and paper industry to work together and share experiencesFIND OUT MORE