Submitted by: The Two Sides Team April 17, 2019
The 22nd of April marks Earth Day – the world’s largest environmental movement. Earth Day is an annual event that takes place globally to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
Commenced in 1970, the event’s mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide.
Here at Two Sides, we are celebrating the event by sharing some positive environmental facts from the world of print and paper and encourage you to join us too.
We have plenty of informative resources and shareable content for you to download and share. Use the #EarthDay hashtag in your social media posts to help raise awareness to this global event.
We have even got some Twitter friendly videos ready for you to share!
Simply copy the suggested Tweets below and paste into your Twitter.
- #EarthDay European forests store almost 80 billion tonnes of carbon in their biomass @TwoSidesUK pic.twitter.com/oCDV7fGk3f
- #EarthDay The CO2 emissions of the European pulp and paper industry reduced by 26% between 2005 and 2015 @TwoSidesUK pic.twitter.com/p28KQiA959
- #EarthDay Trees absorb CO2 from the atmosphere and wood and paper products store that CO2 throughout their lifetimes @TwoSidesUK pic.twitter.com/gMktWNjC23
- #EarthDay 85% of the wood used by the European pulp and paper industry comes from European forests @TwoSidesUK pic.twitter.com/XvUbyBAtb9
- #EarthDay 58% of the European pulp and paper industry’s energy consumption comes from renewable biomass @TwoSidesUK pic.twitter.com/yaWO52kguv
- #EarthDay European forests absorb around 7% of of the annual greenhouse gas emissions from the region @TwoSidesUK pic.twitter.com/E6KdKJKiVc
- #EarthDay 75% of the pulp delivered to paper mills in Europe comes from independently certified [email protected] pic.twitter.com/YxXxklt8tq
- #EarthDay Between 2005 and 2015, European forests grew by 44,000 KM2 – that’s over 1500 football pitches everyday! @TwoSidesUK pic.twitter.com/NxA5nXLjFh
- #EarthDay The European paper industry has committed to achieving an 80% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 @TwoSidesUK pic.twitter.com/jQGXqyrmfq
- #EarthDay The European pulp and paper industry is the biggest single user and producer of renewable energy in the EU @TwoSidesUK pic.twitter.com/3GlY1qaE5s
- #EarthDay 54% of the fibre used by Europe’s paper producers comes from paper for recycling @TwoSidesUK pic.twitter.com/c9YvRyojoW
- #EarthDay The paper recycling rate is now 72.5%…the highest in the [email protected] pic.twitter.com/RzRy0P5Plu
Don’t forget, we also have a selection of social media friendly factographics available for you to share. These can be downloaded and shared across your platforms:
The print and paper industry has plenty to shout about when it comes to the environment and sustainability so lets make sure we celebrate this Earth Day with these positive messages.
Read more like this: